Deepen and broaden cooperative efforts by subnational governments to implement strategies that can immediately grow a green economy, increase the use of sustainable clean energy, reduce dependence on oil and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in advance of, and in support of, the next global agreement on climate change.
- Expand our network of subnational collaboration to stimulate economic growth,
create green jobs, increase the use of clean energy while reducing greenhouse gas pollution.
- Strengthen existing partnerships between progressive states, provinces and regions to exchange best practices,support technology transfers and maximize resources.
- Highlight the new synergy between federal and subnational governments to demonstrate the important roles each play in growing a green economy and fighting global warming.
- Demonstrate that subnational leadership is helping to develop sectoral solutions in the global marketplace.
- Establish stronger links around the world with non-traditional partners in the
global effort to grow a green economy, promote clean energy and reduce greenhouse gases (i.e. academics, scientists, investors, business,non-government organizations, etc.).
- Promote official recognition by the United Nations for subnational leadership
and support in the next international climate agreement.
Expected Attendee Demographics:
- Global Diplomats
- Environmental Executives (Nonprofit, NGOs, Corporate)
- Corporate Executives
- Green Product Purchasers
- Approx. 200 International Reporters